Taking care of your skin is a daily job, but one that is usually skipped or overlooked completely. Skin is the largest organ in the body and needs to be taken care of properly. Failing to take care of your skin can result in acne, dry or oily skin, sun spots, wrinkles, and possibly scarring. See below for some daily skin care tips you should be doing for clear and beautiful skin:
Cleansing your face daily with a gentle face wash will help clear your pores. Use a cleanser that doesn't contain alcohol, which can dry out your skin. Wash your face with warm water, then rinse the cleanser off using cool water. The warm water opens up the pores, while the cool water will close your pores. Pat your face dry with a clean towel. To help clean your pores, be sure to drink plenty of water. Water helps keep you hydrated and hydrates your skin as well.
Toner will help tone and tighten your skin, and can also help you if you have oily skin. Apply toner according to the manufacturer's directions, then allow it to dry thoroughly.
Apply Acne Medication
If you have problems with acne or pimples, apply a topical ointment to clear up your skin. Look for something that contains salicylic acid to help zap those pimples quickly.
Increase Collagen Production
To help increase collagen production, use an eye cream and serum. These will help prevent wrinkles and fill in the ones you already have.
Apply moisturizer to your face daily. This helps prevent your face from drying out, as dry skin can cause your skin can produce more oil, which can lead to breakouts. Use a moisturizer that isn't oily or watery and that moisturizes your skin all day long.
Use a daily SPF such as concealer that contains SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays, even in winter months. Your skin is prone to sun damage year round, so protect your skin each and every day. Sun damage can result in sunburn, dark spots, wrinkles or skin cancer. Protect your skin.
- Skip hair care products that can cause you to break out. If your shampoo/conditioner contains oils or silicones, they can be causing you to breakout around your hairline. Try different products that are hypoallergenic.
- Eating properly can clean up your skin. Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in vitamins and minerals. Trade out oily or greasy foods for healthier options.
- Clean your pillowcase often, as it can accumulate with oils from your skin.
- Clean your phone as well to prevent breakouts where your face touches the phone.
- Keep your hands off of your face. The oils on your hands can transfer to your face and cause you to breakout.
Take care of your skin to keep it looking healthy, beautiful and clear. See a dermatologist like Heibel Dermatology for other helpful tips.